Sunday, June 24, 2012

Clematis jackmanii

My Clematis jackmanii never fails to give us a glorious first bloom in early summer!! There are so many blooms that I cannot count them all. What an amazing plant!!!

Clematis are easy to grow here in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. They love the climate!!

When growing Clematis, read up on your specific variety and the care for it. Remember that they like their feet on the cool side, shady. Watch when it blooms to decide when and how hard to prune back. If you aren't sure, consult a good garden book or talk to your local nursery people.
It's climbing up the flag pole!!
All the photos shown have been taken in the last week here. We have had sunshine and tons of rain!!! Typical Oregon weather :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(