Friday, June 29, 2012

It's Raspberry time in the garden!!

THE RASPBERRIES ARE RIPE-YAHOO!!!

Looks like we are going to have a good season and a few batches of raspberry jam!! I have no idea what variety these are as they were here when we bought our house 28 years ago.

These fruit in early summer, just once, and then they are done. I have thought about inter-mingling the ever bearing varieties in between these and still may do that so we could have berries through the summer.

My berries take minimal care. I weed them, keep them watered in the hot summer, trim out the old dead canes,  and that is about it.


My taste tester agrees that these are very yummy!! Hope I have enough to make jam :^)


Wish we could share them with all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(