Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Phlomis fruticosa - Jerusalem Sage


This is a great plant for the garden. My problem is that I do not cut it back often enough to keep it compact.

It is a Mediterranean native, grows up to 4 feet tall and wide and as you can see, has grey wooly leaves with beautiful yellow flowers. It adds a bit of whimsy to the garden :^)


It doesn't require heavy watering, but does need good drainage. It does quite well in the semi-neglected garden.

Once this wave of blooming is done, I will cut it back at least by one third which will make it look a bit more tidy and I will probably get another bloom from it.


Happy Gardening and Enjoy the Earth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(