Sunday, September 23, 2012

Recipe for Salsa

Fixins for salsa from my garden and the garden of friends!!

Hot bath to remove the skins


Removing the skins and chopping up the tomatos
Add a couple hours of simmering on the stove top.
So the recipe I am sort of following was given to me by who knows who??!! I don't remember and they didn't write their name down on the recipe card. Oh well!! Here it is:

Salsa

 7 1/2 quarts tomatos-skinned
1 1/2 T dried mustard
1 T salt
1 T pepper
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp seasoning salt
3 cloves garlin-minced
1/2 tsp sage
3 green bell peppers
2 red bell peppers
1/4 bunch celery
3 large onions
1 1/2 cup white vinegar
4 jalapeno peppers
5 hungarian waxed peppers
fresh cilantro-about 1/2 cup chopped

Cook tomatoes for two hours. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1/2 to 1 hour. Pour into prepared jars and can as directed by canning cook book.

 My house smells really good right now!!!

 Hopefully I will get the canning part done tomorrow night!! I am now running out of time tonight and working tomorrow.

Happy gardening and canning!!! Enjoy the day :^) Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(