Wednesday, February 27, 2013

How to get rid of tiny black ants in the house!!!

So we have a lot of tiny black ants, nicknamed-sugar ants. Lately with all the rain, we have had tons in the house. In my sewing room, in the bathrooms , on my clothes washer and dryer, in the kitchen, in the grandkids bedroom. They are everywhere outside, in the front yard and backyard!!
I have tried sprays and have put those little traps everywhere in the house. And those little critters just keep coming!!
I googled how to rid the house of ants and read that some people are mixing, in equal portions, Borax and powdered sugar and placing that in areas where ant congregate.
So I decided that I had to try it. Nothing else was working.
So on Sunday, I made a batch.

I labeled my container well with the mixture inside.

I then sprinkled it everywhere I found ants.
Well, I got even more ants, hundreds of ant. All feasting on this  powdery substance.

This morning, I found just one ant that was alive. Most have gone and not returned. I am hoping that it worked. If so, I will be sprinkling this along the foundation of our house quarterly.
I don't mind the ants outside, but not in the house!!!

Hope this helps any of you who are plagued with ants!!

Take Care!!! Martha

2 comments:

  1. Hi, another Martha here, and your newest follower. I've never heard of that and don't know if it will work on fire ants, but I'm sure going to give it a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(