Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pulmonaria/Lungwort

You know spring is here when the Lungwort is blooming!!!!
I love this plant!!! It is a faithful friend, always showing up in early spring and blooming it's little heart out!!! As it grows, it is easily dividable. So I now have this little charmer in many places through out the garden!!

There are many different types of this plant, but I have yet to find them in the local nurseries!!! Someday I will, and they will be added to my collection.
This is a great plant for beginners because it is so easy to take care of. The slugs and snails don't seem interested in eating it down to the ground, or even for a little snack, which is nice. They seem to eat everything else in my garden!!!

Have a great day everyone and enjoy!!! Take care!! Martha

ht:
Sun,Part Sun,Shade
Zones:
2-8
Plant Type:
Perennial
Plant Height:
6-12 inches tall, depending on variety
Plant Width:
1.5-2 feet wide, depending on variety
Flower Color:
White, rose, blue violet flowers, depending on variety; variegated leaves, depending on variety
Bloom Time:
Blooms spring and summer, depending on variety
Landscape Uses:
Containers,Beds & Borders,Groundcover
Special Features:
Flowers,Attractive Foliage,Fragrant,Winter Interest,Drought Tolerant,Deer Resistant,Easy to Grow

2 comments:

  1. where can i buy this.what price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have no idea as I do not know that actual name of this plant, it was given to me by a friend and I've been dividing it up and spreading it around.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(