Thursday, April 11, 2013

Alyssum montanum and a few others breaking ground!!

Here's what's growing in our garden today!!!

This is the perennial alyssum. It is so bright and lovely!!! It does need to be trimmed through the season to keep it from getting leggy.
Zones 1-24
Full sun or light shade
Moderate water-not a problem here in Oregon!!!

Alyssum montanum grows to 8 inches high and 1 1/2 feet wide, gray leaves, hairy, fragrant. Fabulous in the spring garden!!


Black Mondo grass. Love this one!!! It's listed under Liriope and Ophiopogon which are Asian plants that are similar in appearance.

Hosta Sum and Substance. Just breaking through the ground. This is a really big plant and I adore it!!! So do the slugs and snails. I have already put slug bait down twice and will do through the growing season. I will post more photos as it grows for you to enjoy!!!


I do not know what this one is. Nope. Not at all. It was in the garden in the yard where I grew up and my dad tended it. I love this!! I brought a few little plants from Astoria from the family home and now it is flourishing here and I am so happy about that!! It reminds me of my dad, and our lovely little home in Astoria!! If any of you know what it is, please let me know and I will add the info to this posting!!!
Notice the black Mondo grass growing within the plants?? I love the combination!



Well, that's it for today. Take care everyone and enjoy the earth!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(