Monday, December 1, 2014

Planting Garlic

I planted garlic a couple weeks ago. I hand tilled the soil first with this
silly contraption!!
Then I dug a 3-4 inch trough to put my garlic cloves in. I spaced them about
6 inches apart and I did not read up on it. Just did it!! I got three rows in!!!
This is my vegetable garden area. I have six raised beds back here. Some of
the wood needs to be replaced, but for the most part, it is a lovely area!!
I need to cover the garlic bed with leaves now. We have a walnut tree, but
those leaves are not good for covering up the beds, terrible actually!! I have
other trees that are still dropping leaves, so I'll get them raked up for
the garlic.
This is my garden barn, I love it!!!!! My husband built it with materials that
were given to him by friends who were rebuilding. Next summer I will be
painting my barn and adding a barn quilt to it!!!
Another view of the garden barn. We still have work to do out here,
but one of these days there will not be piles of building materials
all over the place!! I will be a happy gardener :^)
Thanks for the visit, hope you enjoyed it and I look forward to hearing from you!! Enjoy the Earth!
Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(