Monday, April 17, 2017

Pine Needle Basket

Here is a very sweet Pine-needle basket. I just finished it on Saturday. All the needles I used were picked up in Daytona Florida by myself and my cousin Kathy.

They have a winter home there and on our daily walks with their dog Opie, We would pick up the long pine needles that lay in the lawns and flower beds.

I used every single pine-needle that we gathered.

And this is the result of those walks!!!



I learned how to make pine-needle baskets several years ago from a patient of mine. She was around 88 years old when she taught me. Her baskets were so amazing!!! I am so appreciative of the time she took showing me how to do this art.

Here is a series of photos showing the progression. I decided to do a little woodburning of a sand dollar in the center. Reminds me of the coast!!


The pine-needles and rafia





I picked out some beads to add for a sweet touch






If you want to check out how to make these baskets, there are tons of online resources. There is also a place called Prim Pines. You can purchase all your supplies including a book to learn from.

Take care and enjoy the Earth!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(