Monday, December 18, 2017

Snowman Rocks


We were Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Lebanon Moose Lodge kids Christmas Party. They asked me to paint some rocks for the kids and this is what I cam up with.


Step one is to paint both sides of the rocks with white, more than one coat to get perfect coverage.


Then I painted everyone's eyes. I use the end of a nail to get the perfect circle.


Baby It's Cold Outside, so everyone needed a "stocking" cap!!


You can see the difference from the photo above to the photo below. I lightened up the paint and put the knit ribbing on the edge and then painted a little darker along the upper edge of the cuff. That made it look like they actually do have stocking caps on.


Then I was told there were more kids, so I went out into the frigid weather and found more frozen rocks and did the blue capped one!!!


A successful batch of rocks!!!

Merry Christmas from Mr. and Mrs Claus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(