Friday, January 5, 2018

New Years 2018 and RCIA classes


In September I made the decision to go back to church.

I am Catholic.

I have always felt uncomfortable telling people that because I have had some be very mean to me once they find out I am Catholic. So I kept it hidden. I really never understood the anger and fear of that statement and truly I still don't.

But it is the truth. I am Catholic. And there is so much about being Catholic that I don't understand. You see, I quit going to church regularly when I got married at the age of 19.

I have ALWAYS felt that something was missing in my life and I now know that the missing puzzle piece is the Holy Trinity.

So in September I noticed in the bulletin an announcement about RCIA or Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. I asked Father Peter if it was possible for someone who was raised Catholic to take the class and he said it sounded like a great idea.

And so the lessons have commenced.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I have learned and I wonder where I have been all these years. So much information and so much of it makes sense. It's like an ah-ha moment every time I go to class.

I would say the most important thing I know now, is that GOD, JESUS, and THE HOLY SPIRIT, is always with us, always welcoming, always ready to forgive us and teach us, to guide us, and it is up to us to listen.

Last July I took a stand against an activity a group of people are doing during a certain weekend. I have in the past always run from it because I find it so disturbing and wrong, but this last year was different. When I heard the extent of what they were doing, and knowing firsthand the damage it does to women and children, I made the decision to run no more. I will not participate in any activities with this group until this one particular thing stops. Stops forever.

Disgracing women, exploiting women, objectifying women, in the name of adult entertainment, is wrong. It saddens me beyond explanation.

I was so upset by it that it triggered two intense Meniere's attacks. So stepping away from this group is also to maintain my health. I cannot risk having more of these attacks. They are so devastating when they happen.

Well, my stand has brought anger and bad words, gossip in my direction. My first reaction was to fight back, be angry, lash out. But that is not the way. I would be feeding right in to their negativity. The best thing I can do is pray for them, hope for them, love them. It sure isn't easy and alone I cannot do it. But with GOD, I can. And that is where my need for being accepted again into our family of GOD comes in to my life.

We have been watching videos from a site called Formed. So much amazing information and people. I love it all.


This is a table runner I finished Christmas Eve to give to my daughter-in-laws aunt Nancy. I had started it several years ago for Jackie, my daughter-in-laws mom. But she fell ill. And I knew she would leave us before I was able to finish it. So I put it away. I couldn't work on it because it felt so sad. Jackie is gone now, but I know she is in heaven with our Lord, happy and healthy again. And with that knowledge, I was able to finish it. I do hope Nancy enjoys this little piece, it was made with love and encouragement.

That is it for now. I hope you have a lovely day.

Enjoy the Earth, HE made it for us!!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(