Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Astoria Oregon

 Every year my husband and I go to Astoria Oregon to clean the family graves at two cemeteries and replace the flowers and flags.
This is my grandpa's grave, he is by himself at Oceanview in a veterans area.

 We decided to stay for two nights so I was able to go to Mass at my old church. The last time I was there was when my mom died and we were at her funeral. 7 years and 2 months ago on the day I was at church!! This is St. Mary's Star of the Sea. It is a sweet church.

Here is the softball field where we played!! You can also see the church, the rectory and our school!!

We stayed at Astoria Riverwalk Inn. It used to be a Red Lion and was closed for many years. The prices aren't bad there and they have a nice breakfast. And the view is cool!!! As you can see.



The view from our room. Sweet!!

Here they are, all cleaned and scrubbed and new flowers for Memorial Day.

View from our porch in the old house.
 The other thing we do is go check out the old house. Saddens me to the bones. I wish they would move in and live there. Right now there is a bit of remodeling going on, but it looks as though no one has stepped foot in it for a year now. Ladder and tools are still in the same place.

I am thinking the house is haunted, and I know by who.

I loved this neighborhood. Great place to grow up.

Mom and Dad loved those Rhodies.
This is the bottom of 17th street. Our house is at the top on the left.

Lots of ships out there!! They have a Mo's now and the food is good.


That is it for now. Hope you enjoyed the tour. Astoria is a great place to visit for sure!!!

Martha

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine once lived in Astoria and he took the most beautiful pictures. It always made me want to see it. I'm glad to hear it is a nice town too. Maybe someday we will be able to travel more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(