Friday, July 6, 2018

Bottle Cap Flowers


I saw these on Pinterest but could not find out how to make them, so I just had to make it up on my own.

Super simple to do. Saving the bottle caps takes the longest unless you have a friend who works in a tavern/bar. Kathy at the Lebanon Moose Lodge saved bottle caps for me and I now have three bags full. Plenty for lots and lots of flowers.


So you need these plier things, not the needle nose type, a wider tip makes it easier. I used a wide mouth canning lid, and plenty of bottle caps.

You want to fold the bottle caps in half using the pliers. Mine bent in half best when I had them positioned as above, and NOT with the top on the counter. Just open the pliers wide and slowly squeeze handle to bend in half.


And this E6000 glue is perfect


You are just going to put plenty of glue in the center the width of the bottle cap. Then I put two generous dots of glue to hold the bottle caps to the lid.

Once the caps are glued down and completely dry, I glued a 24" plant stake to the back. Let it dry completely before putting in the garden.


These were fun to make, super quick and easy. If you have questions leave me a message.

Take care and Enjoy this beautiful earth!!!

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(