Saturday, January 26, 2019

Pain Rub Young Living Essential Oils

Last night I made my first batch of a pain rub with my Young Living essential oils. I have been suffering from tendonitis in my right wrist since April. I've splinted it, wrapped it, taken Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and am finishing up 4 weeks of Occupational Therapy. And I still hurt and I am still swollen. UGH!!!

It is from over use by what you might ask???

The mouse! Computer work! I am an RN and I have wrist tendonitis from over-mousing!!!

Seriously, how ridiculous does that sound???!!!

SO, how did I make it?


For a rub you have to have a carrier oil, and so I chose Organic Coconut Oil which I found at the grocery store, easy peasy.

My recipe which I found online and in the literature from Young Living is: OK I did tweak it a bit because that is what I do.

1/4 cup coconut oil
30 drops Panaway Essential Oil
10 drops Copaiba Essential Oil
8 drops Peppermint Essential Oil

I placed 1/4 cup of coconut oil in a cleaned canning jar and then placed that jar in a small container of hot tap water, stirring until completely melted. Being very careful to not get any water in the jar.


Once melted, I added the essential oils.


Coconut oil looks a lot like crisco shortening at room temperature but it melts quite easily. It takes awhile for it to re-solidify.

I mixed it gently with a metal spoon and then put the lid and ring on to protect my new salve.


This is the next day, all solid and smelling very nice.




All labeled and living for now on my counter in the kitchen.

I've used it twice so far. It feels good on the skin. I am not having the deep aching I've been having and my skin didn't hurt for several hours. I think it will take some time to completely heal this issue but I am determined to give it a good try. I am tired of taking all the pills!!!

I will let you know how this is working out!!!

Enjoy the earth, it's an amazing place. Martha

2 comments:

  1. Martha let me know how it works. I might have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful! I'm going to have to try it for my Hoffa Syndrome in my knees. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(