Friday, September 14, 2012

Sedum 'Autumn Joy'

Sedum Hylotelephium 'Autumn Joy'




 This is one fabulous plant!!! I  have had it in my yard for many many years. It grows so easily, doesn't mind if I over water or under water, it just grows beautifully despite my care!!

It grows in zones 1-10 and 14-24.
1-2 feet tall and 2 feet wide. (You can easily divide this and plant it in other parts of the garden.)
The rounded clusters of blossoms are light pink when they first open, age to a coppery pink, then rusty color.
In the winter the foliage dies back to the ground, so it is neat and clean if you trim the dead stocks back.

I have mine is several parts of the garden and depending on the sunlight, some get pinker sooner than the others.




Notice the bees in the above and below photos!!! Awesome!!!


There are many varieties of sedums and they all seem to do really well here in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. This is my favorite!!! Take care and enjoy the Day!!! Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(