Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall Happenings

 Fall is always a busy time of the year, and this year is no exception. I am picking out fabrics for a pumpkin applique quilt from the fabrics above and made the cute little kitty from a free Carol Doak paper pieced pattern. I may make more of them, or, turn this little one into a trick or treat bag for the grandson. Not sure yet.

Then, while looking for a parking spot in the Walmart parking lot, I got hit by a car, they were backing up and did not see me at all!! So now I have the loaner car from Enterprise until my car is fixed!!!

Luckily, I had just dropped Cooper off at pre-school, SO GLAD HE WASN'T IN THE CAR!!! The impact blew my passenger window out and everywhere. I even had glass in my shoes!!!

At the end of September our guild had a one day quilt show. We picked the one day that a huge storm came in!! Our house was without electricity for 8 hours due to a tree falling across the road and power lines. The show was good though. I was the featured quilter, so this is the entrance to my booth.

Today I picked up some of the walnuts falling all over the backyard and cleaned up one raised bed and covered it with black plastic. I will try and get the rest of the beds cleaned out and covered before winter hits. I didn't do that last year and it really took a long time to prepare my beds for planting. So this year I am planning ahead!!!

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll catch you later!! More things to get done before Cooper wakes up from his nap :^) Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(