Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Overwintering Geraniums


This is a huge geranium, actually, it's several plants. I've been wintering two pots like this in my greenhouse for the last 6-7 years now, so haven't had to buy any new geraniums!!! So cool.


I give them a really hard "hair cut" and clean out any dead debris and look for snails and slugs. It is impossible to get them all, so I put sluggo pellets in the pot on the surface of the soil.


And here is the green house. You can see the geranium planters on the white boards which holds them above the gravel.

The greenhouse is heated and I have a sprinkler system that comes on once a day now that it is colder out and not as much sun.


I have some orchids and some succulents also in the greenhouse which is why I am using the sluggo as those critters love to eat the orchids!!!

I love being in the greenhouse in the fall and winter, it's so fun repotting and watering when its cold out.

Have a lovely October!!!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(