Monday, November 9, 2020

Cricut Christmas Nativity "stained-glass" activity for children and adults


 This is an easy project for kids and adults. You just need to have the black silhouette of this beautiful Nativity scene. 

I found mine at Silhouette Design Store and downloaded the image into my Cricut Design Space.

My kids gave me the Cricut machine for my birthday last year!!!! What a huge surprise that was!!!

I am still learning how to create with it as there are so many possibilities of designs and materials you can use!!!!

So first, I found, paid for, and downloaded and then uploaded my design. The tricky part was learning how to get the design out of the zipped file. I watched a video on how to do it. Luckily there are some very talented Cricut users who share their knowledge.


You can change the size easily. I want these to use in my Sunday school class, so not too huge. Six on a sheet, the sheets of cardstock are 12" x 12", are just right. Two sheets and I have 12 cut designs.


My cutting mat all ready to be inserted into the Cricut machine.


Above is my Cricut beginning to cut the design and below is the completed task.



Using my handy tools I can easily remove my silhouettes.


First sheet done and one more to go.

So, once your silhouette is ready to go you will need:




Clear self-adhesive paper

Multiple colors of tissue paper cut into little squares of different sizes.

Scissors


Cut one circle about 1" larger than your silhouette and one square, a little larger than your circle, out of the adhesive paper-I used Con-Tact clear matte.

Remove the paper layer from the adhesive side of the circle and lay it sticky side up.


Lay your silhouette centered on the bottom edge of the circle.

Start layering on the colored tissue paper squares randomly until all the sticky side of the paper is covered up. Don't worry if you go over the edge as you will be trimming it off.

Once the entire surface is covered with tissue paper, remove the paper backing from the adhesive square and lay it on top of the tissue paper covered surface, sticky side down and rub out all the bubbles.



Trim following the edge of the circle in the front.


And there you go!!! A sweet stained-glass Nativity scene for Christmas.

You could use a hole punch at the top to thread some ribbon or thread through and hang it in a window or a lamp shade.

I hope you have fun with this!!! 

Enjoy!!

martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(