Saturday, December 15, 2018

Nativity Scene to Color


I looked in so many places online to find printable colorable Nativity characters for my grandchildren to color and create a diorama from. I encountered dead-end after dead-end. Most places wanted money. I finally found a place that not only had the colorable versions but already colored. So you could do either.

I printed the blank ones and got them both coloring while I got a couple shoe boxes glued together, putting the shoebox on its side and gluing in inside the lid. I also glued black construction paper to the sides and bottom. I would have used brown but had none.

I cut up some really old "hay" from my mothers nativity scene, which is actually 71 years old, and glues the times pieces in the front of the diorama.

If you would like to print out the characters on cardstock for a nativity diorama for your grandchildren or children, you can find them here, from Bible Story Printables.

When the coloring is done, I cut them with a little extra on the bottom and cut a slit straight up and center. then I cut a piece out of the cardstock about 3" X 1" and cut a 1/2" slit in that and then slid the character onto the smaller piece. It makes a bottom that allows them to stand up.



Santa made an early visit to our house while the grands were visiting. He is a little shorter than what I remember!!!!


After the grandchildren left, I found that our little one had lined up all the characters from the Christmas village. They are waiting for the doors of the church to open. Even Frosty!!

Love this time of year. Merry Christmas and Blessings  to you and your families. Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(