Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Teaching myself and grandkids a new art form!!!

 


I have been watching a ton of YouTube videos trying to figure out this art form, Acrylic Paint Pouring. It isn't as easy as they all seem to show it!!! And there are so many different recipes for mixing the paints up for whatever technique you are planning on doing.


So, my deduction is that you just need to experiment, and you are going to get it wrong a lot!!! And make an enormous mess!!

Even so, I taught my 9 year old granddaughter how to pour and this one, below, is her first attempt.
I think this is totally awesome!!! WOWZA


And with all the drippings we made coasters!!!! These are 4.25' ceramic tiles.
I will clear epoxy them when the paint is cured. Then I will put a cork back on them. She can give them to her parents and teachers for Christmas. 


Anyway, stay tuned for more experiments. There will be plenty as this is totally fun. Kind of like when you were really little playing in a mud puddle. I didn't get to do that very much because of being a girl, but now I am a grownup, and I can play in mud!!!😉

Take care friends!!!
martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(